Saturday, October 5, 2013

Reflection


My first month of Crossfit has been amazing with lots of fun training experiences.  I have been overwhelmed with knowledge and have learned a lot.  I have had a lot of good workouts and plenty of bad ones.  Tuesdays are usually a workout involving a lot of squatting.  This seems to be my weakness and I have finished many workouts on Tuesday near the back of the pack.  I have had many workouts where I finished first.  It feels good to be the first one done but it is so much different than any other sport.  You cheer people on after you’re done to help motivate them and show your support.  The day that I feel I gain the most are the ones where you’re struggling to get through a workout and want to quit but have found some motivation inside you to push even harder to get through the workout.  

I have decided that since I want to compete I need a little extra time to work on technique and strength.  So I decided to start my own programming.  For me to get to where I want to be I’m going to need to spend more than an hour to get my skill, strength, and conditioning work in.  It’s bittersweet because I will miss doing the WODs with the class but I’m also excited for what my new training will entail.

No comments:

Post a Comment